A MIDI controller keyboard may be overlooked as a device which you could use to activate virtual instruments or external audio modules. However, in today’s world, they’ve grown a lot more. MIDI controller keyboards can’t only be seen in the recording studio but also on stages and at DJ booths. Let’s take a look at my list of 7 best MIDI keyboards.
- List Of 7 Best MIDI Controller Keyboards
- #1 – Best Midi Keyboard For Beginners: Alesis Q25 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller
- #2 – Best Midi Keyboard For FL Studio: M-Audio Oxygen 49 MKIV | 49-Key USB MIDI Keyboard & Drum Pad Controller (8 Pads / 8 Knobs / 9 Faders)
- #3 – Best Midi Keyboard For Ableton: Akai Professional MPK249 | 49-Key USB MIDI Keyboard & Drum Pad Controller with LCD Screen (16 Pads / 8 Knobs / 8 Faders)
- #4 – Best 25 Key Midi Controller: Alesis VI25 | Advanced 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard & Drum Pad Controller (16 Pads / 8 Knobs / 24 Buttons)
- #5 – Best 88 Key Midi Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Keyboard, 88-Key
- #6 – Best USB Piano Keyboard: Akai Professional LPK25 | 25-Key Ultra-Portable USB MIDI Keyboard Controller for Laptops
- #7 – Best Cheap Midi Keyboard: Novation Launchkey Mini 25-Note USB Keyboard Controller, MK2 Version
List Of 7 Best MIDI Controller Keyboards
#1 – Best Midi Keyboard For Beginners: Alesis Q25 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller
- Offering single-cable USB simplicity, the Alesis Q25 delivers full MIDI controller within a space-saving, streamlined package.
- Beginning with 25 full-size keys, the Q25 adds expressive Pitch and Modulation wheels. The velocity-sensitive keys react immediately to your touch, whereas the sustain pedal input enables piano-style performances.
- The Q25 includes applications from Ableton so that you are able to make music now.
#2 – Best Midi Keyboard For FL Studio: M-Audio Oxygen 49 MKIV | 49-Key USB MIDI Keyboard & Drum Pad Controller (8 Pads / 8 Knobs / 9 Faders)
- Your performance needs the ideal tools for your job. M-Audio’s Oxygen 49 includes a synth-action keybed with actions that are adaptable, precise and clean.
- The natural profile keys are both velocity- and pressure-sensitive, for maximum expressive capacity, promising to replicate every subtlety and nuance of your operation.
- With the addition of conveniently-located, Octave Up and Octave Down buttons, obtaining the whole note array has never been easier – if you are playing complex melodic lines, chords or basslines, Oxygen 49 is your perfect, ultra-portable manufacturing and performance control alternative.
#3 – Best Midi Keyboard For Ableton: Akai Professional MPK249 | 49-Key USB MIDI Keyboard & Drum Pad Controller with LCD Screen (16 Pads / 8 Knobs / 8 Faders)
- Designed to be an all-in-one controller solution, the Akai Professional MPK249 is a performance pad and keyboard control which combines deep applications integration, improved workflow, and core technology in the iconic line of MPC workstations.
- Each participant of Akai Guru’s MPK2 series comes fully loaded with an extensive interface for manipulating virtual tools, effect plugins, DAWs, and much more. Plus, MPK249 is optimized to interface directly with your Mac or PC using USB electricity and plug-and-play connectivity.
#4 – Best 25 Key Midi Controller: Alesis VI25 | Advanced 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard & Drum Pad Controller (16 Pads / 8 Knobs / 24 Buttons)
The Alesis VI25 is a sophisticated USB/MIDI keyboard MIDI controller that lets you take control of your audio applications using a succession of pads, knobs, and switches. Together with 25 velocity-sensitive semi-weighted keys with aftertouch and Octave Up/Down buttons, you are able to enlarge the keyboard to the full melodic selection and perform bass lines, chords, and melodies.
- 25 full-sized, square-front, semi-weighted keys with aftertouch
- 16 velocity-sensitive trigger pads with illuminated RGB feedback for beat production and clip launching
- Production software included: Ableton Live Lite and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)
- USB MIDI and 5-pin MIDI Out offer flexible MIDI connectivity
#5 – Best 88 Key Midi Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Keyboard, 88-Key
- The Native Instruments KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES continues its evolution.
- The newest KOMPLETE KONTROL S88 provides an 88-key professional-grade, fully-weighted, hammer action keyboard to the S-SERIES family.
- All-new Native Standard Kontrol (NKS) opens the KOMPLETE KONTROL platform to all applications instrument developers and establishes a new standard in software/hardware integration.
- Advanced VST integration provides smart parameter mapping into plug-ins from the box.
- Now, the whole spectrum of applications instruments will come to life beneath your fingertips in a totally new manner – more intuitive, inspirational and expressive than previously.
#6 – Best USB Piano Keyboard: Akai Professional LPK25 | 25-Key Ultra-Portable USB MIDI Keyboard Controller for Laptops
- Measuring in at only 13 inches, LPK25 is a full-featured plug-and-play 25-key USB MIDI keyboard control made to escape the boundaries of your own studio.
- Weighing in at 40g, LPK25 readily fits into a notebook case, backpack messenger bag, supplying core keyboard-production performance courtesy of 25 synth-action velocity-sensitive keys ideal for playing chords, pads, bass-lines, and direct components.
#7 – Best Cheap Midi Keyboard: Novation Launchkey Mini 25-Note USB Keyboard Controller, MK2 Version
- Launchkey Mini makes it simple and enjoyable to produce songs in Ableton Live. All of the controls operate once you plug it in.
- We place 16 pads across the top, which you may use to start clips and perform beats. They light up to reveal when clips are loaded, playing, and recording, and then we set them out to fit your own Ableton Live session view; a single row to start clips, and also one row to stop them.
- You may also quickly tweak your tools using eight high-quality knobs, and then sketch out ideas on a 25-note miniature keyboard using a quick synth-style action which makes it really pleasant to play.
This midi controller keyboard has the most up-to-date and innovative features which make all one of those units a highly effective, versatile and functional device. That means you’re able to join these piano keyboards to your personal computer, laptop or laptop with no hassle. You may pick one or more one of these efficient units keeping in mind your needs and budget.
Hope this article is helpful to you. Thanks for reading!