Garlic juice is made by crushing, juicing or blending garlic cloves, which come from the plant bearing the scientific name Allium Sativum. Garlic is not only high in antioxidants, but it also contains potent antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antibiotic properties. While inhaling pure garlic juice may not sound palatable to many people, the health benefits associated with this unique beverage are undeniable. It’s crammed with necessary vitamins, crystals, and bioactive useful to one’s health. Ideally, garlic has to be utilized fresh to take advantage of its many health benefits. If you cannot chew fresh cloves of garlic, then why not try making your garlic juice instead?
- 15 Benefits of Garlic Juice
- Garlic Juice Side Effects
- How to Make Garlic Juice at Home
- Some essential tips for Garlic juice
15 Benefits of Garlic Juice
Consuming garlic juice produces antioxidants to the skin that will reduce signs of aging, improve coloration, and prevent inflammatory conditions or infections.
Mix 10 drops of garlic juice with 2 tbsp of honey in a glass of water. Drink this daily to control asthma attacks.
Garlic juice helps in treating acne. Apply garlic juice on face and wash it after five mins. Repeat the process until the acne disappears.
Note: Do not keep it overnight as the garlic juice may harm or burn the skin.
Boosts Immune System
The antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antioxidant properties of garlic juice make it an excellent immune system shield. Furthermore, it also helps prevent chronic diseases and localized infections.
Allicin, the active ingredient in garlic juice, has been associated with weight loss, as it can help to lower the levels of unhealthy fats in the body.  Furthermore, it also provides a metabolic boost that helps you burn calories.
Surprised! Yes, garlic juice can even help you get rid of those lice in your hair. Mix it with lemon juice and massage this on the nose at night. Wash it in the morning. Repeat this every day for five days. This is one of the best benefits of garlic juice for hair.
Herbs like garlic and onion are closely associated with boosting circulation and lowering plaque levels in the arteries and blood vessels.  This can further increase energy levels and reduce your risk of various cardiovascular problems.
Garlic juice is a natural and highly effective blood thinner. It helps in preventing thrombosis, which is blockages in blood flow due to clots.
Research has linked garlic juice with a marked increase in sex hormones, which can help people overcome impotence, slow sperm motility, and increase sperm count.
The best and the most effective remedy of garlic juice is to reduce cholesterol which indirectly helps in preventing heart attacks and diseases. Drinking garlic juice will minimize thickening, shrinking and hardening of arteries.
Garlic juice is even helpful to tone you sagging breasts. Drink garlic juice daily for this.
Large doses of allicin (a compound present in garlic) can reduce the blood pressure of those suffering from hypertension. In some instances, it may be as effective as any regular medication.
High doses of garlic juice may cure encephalitis, which is an acute inflammation of the brain. However, do consult your doctor before considering this alternative.
Treats Fungal Infections
Intake of raw garlic juice can also treat various fungal infections including athlete’s foot, as well as ear and foot infection. Topical application of garlic juice on the infected area can further soothe itching and irritation.
Antioxidants along with allicin in garlic juice help prevent oxidative stress by neutralizing free radicals. This prevents cell mutation and the development of cancer.
Garlic Juice Side Effects
Drinking fresh garlic juice can cause various side effects like:
- Bleeding: The anticoagulant nature of garlic’s active ingredients can exacerbate bleeding disorders and should be avoided before or after surgery. Also, prevent intake along with other anticoagulant drugs.
- Stomach issues: Avoid consuming garlic juice on an empty stomach as its concentrated dose can irritate the stomach, causing diarrhea, excessive gas, weight loss, nausea, and cramping, as well as dizziness or headaches.
- Allergies: Some people may have topical and internal allergies and should avoid use.
Do consult a doctor before adding this concentrated juice to your health regimen.
How to Make Garlic Juice at Home
Ingredients: 1 head of garlic
- Break up the garlic cloves. Put them in a Garlic Shaker ®. Shake the skin off with this fresh garlic peeler. Pour the skinless cloves out. Next, you should wash them clean. MAke sure there are no brown spots or green shoots.
- Using a garlic press, or blend them to make garlic puree. Take the puree and place it in a strainer and strain the juice out into a bowl or you can use a spatula to press the fruit down to the pan. Remove all matter except for the garlic juice itself. You may keep the garlic cloves for cooking or other uses.
- Next, you want to get the cleanest purest form of garlic juice. To accomplish this, you need to take a coffee filter and hold it over a bowl. Do not pour it through a coffee maker because the strong flavor of the garlic will be hard to clean and remove. Pour the raw garlic juice through the coffee filter, holding the screen securely in your hand and allowing the fluid to strain through the filter into the bowl. Go slowly because the process of getting the juice to filter through the strainer can take a little patience.
- After you have strained all of the raw juice through the coffee filter, it is now ready for use. You can drink it immediately if desired, or refrigerate for later use. We prefer to add some lemon for flavor. The garlic juice may also be added to other liquids and soups and other foods. You can even add cinnamon if you prefer that flavor with a little bit of sugar.
Crushing the garlic into a puree and making garlic juice will expose all of the garlic taste, flavors, and nutritional benefits. This is the purest and strongest way to get garlic into your body. Enjoy it in good health! It must be noted that garlic juice is not a cure, but rather a dietary health choice. You should seek a doctor in the case of any disease or illness.
Our favorite Garlic Juice recipe is pretty simple
Go through all of the steps we’ve previously walked through and then add your sweetener. There is something incredible about the mixture of the robust flavor of garlic with sweeties!
- Agave Nectar
- Brown Sugar
Some essential tips for Garlic juice
- Drink Garlic juice later meals; Garlic works best when eaten raw.
- Garlic juice should only be applied for a short while just, as it may cause the skin to burn.
- Use fresh garlic for best flavor and benefits.
- Always choose garlic with hard heads.
- Also, take care that the garlic you use should have mold on it.
- Don’t purchase garlic that is wrinkled.
- Protect unpeeled garlic by storing them in cool and dry place and always away from heat and sunlight.
- Never keep unpeeled garlic/ garlic juice in the refrigerator.
Hope you understood the fantastic health benefits of raw garlic juice. Now, why more late to add it to your routine? The fear is almost gone I believe. But everyone tastes are different. Use your favorite, and you can’t go wrong. Let us know how it goes. We would LOVE to hear from you in the comments below.