When food hygiene is a common problem for the whole society, a home-made ice cream machine will give you freshly-made ice creams at home. On the market today there are many types, models, brands of the ice cream machines. This article will find out what you should buy the best home-made ice cream machine – 2018.
To begin with, let’s take a look at the most important factors when choosing to buy a home-made ice cream machine. To evaluate any ice cream machine is good we should rely on its characteristics, plus the specific needs of each family.
- Determine your needs before you buy an ice cream maker
- Different types of Ice Cream Machines
- List of 5 best ice cream machines for you
Determine your needs before you buy an ice cream maker
Consider the necessity of yourself and your family to consider whether it is necessary to buy an ice cream maker, as this will not cost you money to buy the wrong product.
For example, think about:
- What are your hobbies and family? Fresh cream, ice cream or cinnamon. It will help you determine the type of ice cream machine you will buy.
- How many people love ice cream, how many ice creams per day… so that you will calculate the size, capacity of the machine, as well as the cost, will be spent on buying ice cream machines.
Different types of Ice Cream Machines
Although varied in design, brand, and price, the home-made ice cream makers divide into two categories: automatic ice cream machines (built-in freezer) and ice cream machines using a freezer bowl. The article below will analyze the advantages/disadvantages of each type of machine to help the housewife wisely choose a product that suits the needs of the family.
1. Automatic Ice Cream Maker (Built-in freezer)
To say, owning an automatic ice cream machine is the “dream” of most housewives today. An automatic ice cream machine (the so-called direct ice cream maker) has a cooling principle with a compressor inside the body (like a compressor used in a refrigerator). This compressor will cool the material mixture and rotate the motor automatically when using the machine. It is also the most modern household ice cream machine and also has a somewhat expensive price tag on the market.
- Simple operation
With the automatic ice cream maker, the homemade ice cream process of the housewife is more straightforward and shortened a lot. Just pour the ingredients, put in the machine and press the button without any effort to prepare the mixture or to refrigerate the bowl of ice cream in the refrigerator.
- Deep refrigeration
By using compressor motors for the direct freeze, automatic ice cream machines achieve much higher success rates. The machine reached a temperature of -35 degrees Celsius, so the ice cream mixture and the finished product is better.
- Large capacity
Automatic ice cream machines usually have a large capacity from 1 to 3l. If there are 4-5 people in your family and they often have demand for ice cream should choose this machine to serve the needs of the family. Since you do not have to chill the ice cream bowl in the refrigerator like other ice cream makers, you can make lots of ice cream at once.
- High cost
The cost of an automatic ice cream machine is quite high compared to the average income of consumers: about 4 – 9 million depending on brand and size. This cost is high because the ice cream maker is not an essential household appliance.
- Cumbersome size
Due to the use of internal compression motors, automated ice cream machines are bulky in size. An automatic ice cream maker with a capacity of 2 liters is usually about the size of a small microwave. Besides, the user must put the ice cream machine in a fixed position for the machine to operate, because each time the transfer, there must be time for the new gas is plugged in and used.
- Time to make ice cream longer
The finished product of the ice cream machine takes longer time than the ice cream machine used in the freezer bowl. Typically, the machine needs 40-60 minutes to make a batch of finished cream. Have a cooling time of 1 – 2 hours. Also, the user must start the machine before the material into the machine also consumes more electricity.
2. Ice cream makers with a freezer bowl
The principle of operation of the machine is to use cold air from the bowl previously chilled in the freezer. This bowl contains a rapid freezing solution (usually concentrated salt water). After being cooled in the freezer for about 8 hours at the lowest temperature (about -18oC), the user only needs to pour the cooled mixture into the bowl, insert the motor and operate the engine then wait for the finished cream.
- Compact design
These models of ice cream machines are compact size, design, and eye-catching colors. Many machines also include features such as grinding, grinding fruit.
The ice cream maker is composed of three main components: motor, freezer, and mixer with the size equal to a machine of vitamins. The bowl diameter is about 20cm (like a plate). Weighs 2 – 3kg so it’s easy to move and can be placed anywhere in the kitchen.
- The price is reasonable, and there are many options
On the market, there are many types of ice cream machines used in freezer bowl are selling prices ranging from expensive to cheap of many brands.
- Small capacity
The majority of indirect ice cream machines have small ice cream capacity. With a capacity of only 0.8 to 1.5 liters of freezer bowl, these machines can do as much as 1l cream finished products, suitable for small families or needless.
Besides, the machine can not continue two batches at a time because the bowl must be frozen in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- The processor for making ice cream is complicated
To make a batch, the user must cool the bowl in the freezer compartment for at least 6 hours (preferably for 24 hours). The mixture of ice cream after counting should also be cooked and refrigerated in the fridge for better coagulation.
- Deep freezing
Unlike the automatic ice cream machines, this one can be frozen using cold air from the freezer. However, for many reasons, cold bowls cannot achieve the desired depth of cold (maybe because the refrigerator’s freezer does not have enough refrigeration or time is not enough). This is the cause of the condition of the finished product is not as expected.
List of 5 best ice cream machines for you
#1 Best Budget: Hamilton Beach 68330N
- Ice-cream maker produces up to 4 quarts in 20 to 40 minutes
- Fully automatic operation--no labor-intensive stirring required ,it does all the work and stops when ready
- Makes homemade ice cream, frozen yogurt, custard, sherbet, and gelato
- Easy-lock lid; hand wash; user manual with 20 recipes included
- Measures approximately 15.3 x 12.5 x 11.1 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Last update on 2019-03-23 at 08:41 - Details
#2 Best for Small Spaces: Best for Small Spaces
- New mixing paddle makes frozen desserts in 20 minutes or less
- Large capacity makes up to 1-1/2-quarts
- Double insulated freezer bowl eliminates the need for ice
- Easy lock transparent lid with large spout makes adding ingredients simple and mess free
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards.Do not use oudoors
Last update on 2019-03-23 at 09:11 - Details
#3 Best Value: Cuisinart ICE-30BC
- Fully automatic frozen yogurt, sorbet, and ice cream maker. Dimensions (LXWXH) : 8.25 x 8.00 x 11.25 inches
- Brushed stainless-steel housing; heavy-duty motor. BPA Free
- Large ingredient spout for easily adding favorite mix-ins
- Double-insulated 2-quart freezer bowl; instruction book and recipes included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Last update on 2019-03-23 at 09:11 - Details
#4 Best Soft Serve: Cuisinart ICE-45
- Easy-lock Lid with Window - Lid is designed to remove and lock easily. An ingredient window allows you to pour ingredients directly through the top and watch the freezing process, Base - Contains heavy-duty motor strong enough to make and dispense ice cream
- Mixing Arm (not shown) - Mixes and aerates ingredients in freezer bowl to create smooth soft ice cream, Dispensing Bracket with Handle - Dispenses the soft ice cream when handle is pulled down. Removable for easy cleaning, Rubber Feet - Nonslip feet keep base stationary during use
- 1 1⁄2-Quart Freezer Bowl (not shown) - Contains cooling liquid within a double-insulated wall to create fast and even freezing. Double wall keeps the bowl cool and at an even temperature, Condiment Chute - Mix-ins are dispensed from the chute into your ice cream cone or bowl while you dispense ice cream. Removable for easy cleaning
- Three Condiment Containers - Dispense the mix-ins of your choice. The front condiment container with a curved edge dispenses small mix-ins such as sprinkles. Two rectangular condiment containers dispense larger mix-ins such as mini M&M s or mini chocolate morsels, Condiment Dispensing Levers -Pull out one of three levers to add the mix-ins of your choice into your soft ice cream
- ON/OFF Power Dial, Cone Holder - Conveniently holds a stack of extra ice cream cones. Can hold both flat and pointed-bottom cones, Removable Drip Tray - Can be removed for easy cleaning. Dot in center of tray indicates where to place the ice cream cone. Mix-in Gauge - Check the size of mix-ins by dropping them through. Mix-ins that do not fit through will clog the ice cream maker.120 Volts
Last update on 2019-03-23 at 09:11 - Details
#5 Best High-end: Breville BCI600XL Smart Scoop
- NOTE:Kindly review the videos under the image section and user manual under product details for set up and user guidance.
- 12 hardness settings; sorbet, frozen yogurt, gelato, and ice cream,Capacity 1.5 quart (1L) bowl capacity
- Self refridgerating compressor.Voltage: 110 - 120 Volts Power: 165 watts
- Fully automatic or manual functionality.Keep cool setting for up to 3 hours
- Pre-cool setting to optimal operating temperature. Voltage : 220-240 Volts
Last update on 2019-03-23 at 09:20 - Details