Many people often put styrofoam containers in the microwave to warm food, but the way this is true or not is known. Improper use of microwave ovens not only reduces the life of the appliance but also affects the health of your family.
Can you put styrofoam in microwave? Do or not? Most people used to put styrofoam containers in the microwave to preserve food without knowing whether it is safe for the health. A microwave oven has the functions of cooking, heating, defrosting and grilling food, so it is convenient for the kitchen, but does not mean that you are allowed to abuse the microwave oven and use the wrong way.
Is styrofoam safe to microwave?
Nowadays, styrofoam containers commonly used in daily life, the composition of the styrofoam is Polystyrene (PS), only allow food in The temperature is below 70 degrees Celsius. When you put it in the microwave to heat the food, at a hot temperature, the sponge will produce toxic substances mixed with food, causing severe damage to the food. And the health of the user. So instead of putting the styrofoam into the microwave, you should pour the food into the containers which are designed to be microwavable.
Safe and Non-Safe Materials with Microwave
To use the microwave oven properly and achieve maximum efficiency, you should know what equipment is allowed and not allowed to use the microwave oven to ensure the safety of equipment and health. Family.
- Safe materials: You should place food on glassware, ceramics,… However, you should avoid the ceramic bowls, but metal decoration, because the metal will lead to fire, explosion, causing unsafety.
- Non-Safe Materials: Do not place objects such as aluminum, metal, plastic or plastic in the microwave. Because of the high temperatures, these materials can be broken down and mixed into food, poisoning and be affecting your family’s health.
Microwave ovens are efficient kitchen appliances in the home, making your cooking more comfortable than ever, choosing a good quality microwave oven is the common desire of families. At present, many brands produce high-value microwave ovens such as Panasonic microwave ovens with stable quality and reasonable price. One of the most appreciated products of the company is Panasonic NN-SN686S Countertop/Built-In Microwave with Inverter Technology and beautiful design, easy to use. Panasonic NN-SN686S Microwave oven can remove fat and salt in the cooking process, helping to ensure your health.
- Panasonic Microwave: This 1200-Watt high power, 1.2-cubic-foot capacity stainless steel countertop/built-in microwave delivers a seamless stream of cooking power for even cooking and delicious flavor
- Inverter Technology with Turbo Defrost: Patented Inverter Technology generates a seamless stream of power and delivers consistent, evenly prepared food without overcooking; advanced Inverter Turbo Defrost speeds up defrosting time
- Compact Design: This countertop microwave with 13.4-inch turntable is thinner, lighter and more efficient, allowing you to devote less space to electronics and more to interior capacity; internal dimensions (H x W x D): 9-15/16-inch x 13-15/16-inch x 14-3/8-inch
- Smart Cooking Settings with Genius Sensor: Built-in automatic Genius Sensor adjusts power and times based on different foods; other advantages include 14 preset menu items, quick-minute timer, delay start and child safety lock
- Keep Warm Feature: This inverter microwave keeps soups, gravies or desserts warm and fresh until ready to serve. Power Source- 120V / 60Hz. Power Consumption- 1480W
Last update on 2019-07-04 at 05:40 - Details
Besides, the Farberware microwave brand also a good choice with high endurance products such as the Farberware FMWO11AHTBKB Classic.
No products found.
The Farberware FMWO11AHTBKB microwave oven has a spacious open compartment, which allows you to cook large amounts of food at the same time, saving you valuable time cooking. After each use, take advantage of the available materials in your home to clean the microwave quickly and cleanly. Microwave cleaning is effortless but if we do not do it correctly, it will affect the durability of the appliance.
Here, we have helped you to answer the question “Is styrofoam safe to microwave?” If you still have that habit, quit right now to make sure your family’s health is safe.