If you use a computer and notice on task manager have the external application running on windows backgrounds have the name is pximouse.exe (32bit) or detailed tiltwheelmouse.exe location file in system32 and have the peculiar logo. So what is pximouse and Is it dangerous, is it a virus or keylogger?
What is pximouse ?
Pximouse is a software (or mouse driver?) made by PixArt Imaging Inc., a company that makes image sensors (also used in mouses).
I’m not sure what influence this software has yet it seems like any mouse that uses Pix Art optical sensors will have this software installed automatically during plug and play.
Is pximouse.exe dangerous?
This is no virus this is a driver that runs your mouse and more used for the side buttons and other things like this, this usually installs when you plug in a mouse that needs that driver. So there are no worries! No viruses to be haunting you, if it is taking a lot of usages to remove your mouse from the device manager and reinstall it, it should fix the problem.
If you want to it stop running on your system. Please do the following:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Esc to open Task Manager, on the Startup Tab, see if it is in the list of startup items if it is – disables it and close Task Manager
- Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit enter
- On the Services Tab of the resulting dialog, check the box marked ‘Hide all Microsoft Services’
- Scroll down through the list and see if you can find it there if so, uncheck it
- Click ‘Apply’ and OK restart your System.