Do you need to know “Can i use a steam mop on laminate floors?” and What is the best steam mop for laminate floors? Follow this article for more information.
Can I use a steam mop on laminate floors?
Some people think that a steam mop for laminate floors is a terrible idea, believing that it may cause the laminate to buckle and warp, but as long as the floor is properly sealed with varnish, it is perfectly possible to clean it with a steam mop. Just make sure your laminate floor is properly fitted with no gaps.
Most current models of steam cleaners are suitable for laminate flooring. Use one with a microfiber cloth and do not use any detergents or cleaners before or after the clean.
Water and laminate do not generally work well together, but using a steam cleaner is fine as the water dries within thirty seconds. If you still unsure about the idea of using a steam cleaner on a laminate floor, it might be a good idea to test the effect on an inconspicuous area. If you notice any discoloration or the edges buckling, stop immediately, but this is unlikely!
Steam mops are a brilliant way of quickly removing dirt and grime from laminate flooring, leaving a lovely shine.
How to clean laminate flooring with a steam mop?
Laminate flooring is known to be very difficult to clean. If you want to use steam mop to clean laminate flooring, follow these steps:
- Set the steam mop at the lowest setting, launch and move the steam mop wipe along the floor
- Check the microfiber every 5 minutes or replace if necessary – This depends on the dirtiness of the floor
- But remember: Do not use steam mop on wood floor treated with wax because it can damage the surface by heat.
What is the best steam mop for laminate floors?
Here is a list of the 5 best steam mops for clean the laminate flooring:[amazon box=”B011LS47SA,B075JT9HYP,B014UM9N3I,B075L4CHPM,B006U4A7SU” template=”table”]
Bissell 1544A[amazon box=”B011LS47SA”]
If you desire a steam mop that you can put to work on a lot more than sealed flooring, the Bissell PowerFresh Lift-Off Pet Steam Mop is about as versatile as it gets. As its name suggests, it features a lift-off cleaner that can be used with more than a dozen attachments including a fabric steamer, window squeegee, grout cleaner and detail brushes to deep-clean just about anything.
Why you should buy
- It comes with an integrated scrubber for tougher spots and scent discs for a fresh-smelling clean.
- The microfiber cleaning pads are washable.
- It has a longer 25-foot power cord and heats up in under 30 seconds.
- Owners love being able to use their steam mop on more than floors, but they say it works well for those, too.
- 2-year warranty.
Shark Steam Mop (S1000A)[amazon box=”B075JT9HYP”]
With an easily refillable XL water tank and 18ft power cable, this steam mop is easy to use and lets you access all those hard-to-reach places. It’s simple to put together, and with just a few clicks you’re ready to steam away from the dirt and stains.
Why you should buy
- It’s lightweight and compact saving you both time and energy
- Ready to use in 30 seconds with its “on-demand steam” feature
- Great for when you need to do a quick clean after a spillage and before the stickiness sets in
- When you’ve finished, it’s compact enough to store out of the way and has a locking system that will keep it securely upright against the wall.
Bissell Symphony Pet Steam Mop 1543A[amazon box=”B014UM9N3I”]
Thoroughly cleaning hard flooring is a two-step process of vacuum-cleaning loose debris and then steam cleaning the surfaces. If you want one tool for both steps, the best of the bunch is the Bissell Symphony 1543A designed with pet owners in mind but ideal for any home.
Why you should buy
- Works well in households with pets
- Easy cleanup and maintenance
- Compact and easy to store
- Glides on bare floors and turns easily
- Vacuuming and mopping simultaneously saves time
- Quick and easy to assemble
SKG 1500W[amazon box=”B075L4CHPM”]
SKG is another brand that few people are familiar with. They aren’t a Hoover or Bissell (btw did you notice how Hoover hasn’t even made the list yet…), but they still make solid quality steam mops. It received a lot of positive reviews and feedback from users.
Available with multiple attachments, this cleaner is capable of multitasking and cleaning various parts of the room such as furniture tops, inside the oven and over the curtains. Welcomed with a very high rating from most online stores, this steam cleaner is one of the best alternatives for cleaning various floor types.
Why you should buy
- It comes with 3 pads in the box. That’s more than any other steam mop and that’s definitely a plus.
- It also has a nice design that get into a lot of tight places when cleaning.
- This steam cleaner is recommended for cleaning all types of floors such as vinyl, tile, hardwood and carpeted floors.
- This cleaner features 6 different attachments that make cleaning a breeze.
- This unit comes with a swivel triangular head that cleans around corners, profile areas and below the couch.
- The tank of the SKG 1500W Powerful Non-Chemical Steam Cleaner holds a maximum of 8 ounces of water giving you more time to clean the floors.
- Apart from just cleaning the floors, this steam cleaner is capable of cleaning dirt and debris from walls, curtains, furniture tops, and carpets.
Oreck Steam-It Steam Mop, Steam100LRH[amazon box=”B006U4A7SU”]
One of the best steam mops that you can find today is the Oreck Steam-It, a very lightweight and ultra-portable steam mop that will clean just about anything for you. Featuring up to 15 jets that release steam at high speeds and concentrations, the Steam-It is the perfect steam mop for those on a budget and looking for an easy to use and carry steam mop. It is with this intent that we review today the Oreck Steam-It, one of the top steam mops available out there. This is a very sleek steam mop that heats up in just 30 seconds and provides you with a hassle-free cleaning experience.
Why you should buy
- On a full tank, the Oreck Steam-It produces about 40 minutes of steam time, which is a lot of time if you are doing some heavy duty cleaning.
- It can sanitize all kinds of surfaces, even hard floors, by focusing the steam produced onto the floor for just 5 seconds. And what’s more, it does this while mopping, so you don’t have to mop again to sanitize. You can do both of them at one go and hence, will able to save some good amount of time and energy.
- Produces zero spillage of water. Plus, it works only on tap water.
- No need to use any chemicals, so it is entirely risk-free.
- It cleans dirt, grime, and grout very quickly – it’s almost like child’s play.
- It includes 4 attachments that allow you to clean fabrics, towels, upholstery and the like.
- Steam settings can be adjusted to suit different cleaning surfaces.
- These features will give you an insight into why the Oreck Steam-It is one of the top steam mops available today.
- We can tell you that it is since we have compared steams mops and also reviewed them.
- The Oreck Steam-It weighs just less than 10 pounds, so it can be used very easily by a person of any age.
- People find that steam mops are the best way to clean the grout off tiles, which can be a huge mess to clean if not done correctly.
- These top steam mops will make your tiles, bathrooms, and kitchen look like brand new, and in good time.
- This steam mop is the perfect choice if you are looking to clean your house yourself, without getting the professionals who charge a lot for cleaning that the Oreck Steam-It does for you for very less.
- Moreover, this steam mop is very durable and will last for years without providing any trouble.