Williams Legato 88-key Digital Piano is a budget option and very suitable for beginners. It is an excellent option if you love playing the piano as a hobby but you are not ready to spend a lot of money. Legato is easy to use and recommended for beginners use. This Williams model is the best budget digital piano. Moreover, because it is a budget option you should be aware that its features and sound quality are limited by it.
Williams Legato 88-key Digital Piano Review
- 88 semi-weighted keys, 5 rich sounds: piano, electric piano, organ, synth and bass. Battery operation: 6 x D-cell 1.5V batteries.
- Convenient, built-in metronome
- Built-in speakers, Stereo/mono line out jacks, USB MIDI connections.
- AC Power adapter, Sustain Pedal, Batteries, Stand or bench are Sold separately
Last update on 2019-06-23 at 23:52 - Details
The Williams Legato 88-Key Digital Piano is designed to be an affordable alternative, with a host of superior features like being a semi-weighted 88-keys piano, electric piano, 6 great sounds, organ, bass, and synth, with built-in speakers. In order to effectively combine the built-in-metronome and sounds, the Williams legato features a split/layer function that has incredible output.
This piano is a lightweight option that is extremely portable and easily maneuverable for teenagers and children who are learning to play. It is only about 50 inches wide and three and a half inches in height, which means that this digital piano does not come with a stand. Since the piano only weighs about 19 pounds, it can easily be placed upon a flat surface such as a desk or a table top. Also, due to the conveniently low weight of this instrument, hefting it from room to room can be done with relative ease. In addition, this is the only digital piano on the list that is only powered by batteries. It adds portability, but you may need to carry some extra batteries around just in case. If you desire a power cable, it must be purchased separately.
The Williams legato piano is an excellent choice for practicing and performing. The piano comes with 5 inbuilt sounds with the ability to select one at a time. The voices can also be layered in a manner that they will provide two unique voices at the same time, or assigned to the right or left-hand side of the split mood. The piano also features a volume control function that can be independently adjusted, as well as changing the split voice to any desired level.
This 88-key digital piano features a simulated weighted keyboard which gives key resistance to mimic the feel of a grand piano. It features a 32 note polyphony as well as a built-in metronome to assist beginners with keeping time. This digital piano features four built-in speakers that sound crisp, especially when considering the low price point. With this digital piano, Williams has also included five uniquely rich voice tones, which are piano, electric piano, organ, synth, and bass. It also features a split mode that allows each hand to play in a different voice or at a different volume.
This Williams Legato keyboard incorporates battery operation and can work with regular power supply. It also includes a button-controlled chorus and reverb effects applicable to each voice and such is retainable even when the power is completely turned off. The semi-weighted velocity sensitive keys allow the player to play soft, loud, and anywhere you think.
- 88 semi-weighted keys
- 5 rich sounds: piano, electric piano, organ, synth and bass
- Convenient, built-in metronome
- Built-in speakers
- Music rest
- Battery or AC operation
- Includes power supply and sustain pedal
- 5 free songs with McCarthy Music educational software
Pros and Cons
# Also Great Digital Piano
- Start playing professional keys today - the ultimate beginners digital piano loaded with 12 expertly crafted voices and powerful educational features
- Universal responsive feel - 88 premium full-sized hammer action keys with adjustable touch response to suit your preferred playing style
- Connectivity covered - built-in 20W speakers, ¼" Sustain pedal input (pedal not included), ¼" stereo headphone output for private practice, included power adapter and ¼" stereo outputs
- Powerful educational features - standard, split, layer, record and Lesson modes with 128-note max polyphony and built in FX: chorus, reverb, modulation
- Learn piano today - Includes skoove 3 month premium subscription for expert interactive online piano lessons.Minimum System Requirements:Windows: 7 (32 and 64 bit),OS X : 10.10,USB 2.0 port (or higher)
- GHS weighted 88-key action is heavier in the low end and lighter in the high end, just like an acoustic piano
- Amplifiers 7 W x 2.The Pure CF Sound Engine faithfully reproduces the tone of a meticulously sampled Yamaha's acclaimed 9' CFIIIS concert grand piano
- Pianist Styles turn your simple chords into exciting accompaniment. Play a chord and the Pianist Style gives you a full piano accompaniment
- The Controller App for iOS devices adds a rich, graphic user interface allowing for quick and easy navigation and configuration
- Includes PA150 Power Supply and a Sustain Pedal
- PureCF-sampled piano: Sampled from Yamaha's acclaimed CFIIIS concert grand, no other digital piano brand at this price delivers recordings from such a high-end instrument.
- AUX line input: Connect any device with a line output like mobile devices, computers, mixers or even another keyboard and hear it through the internal speakers.
- 128-note polyphony: Provides enough horsepower for a dropout-free performance while layering two Voices and playing two-handed, sustained chords.
- 88-note, weighted GHS action: Heavier touch in the low end and lighter in the highs, just like an acoustic piano.
- "You Are The Artist" Series: Professionally-arranged, play-along songs matched with song books from Hal Leonard. Learn to play songs by artists like Elton John, Taylor Swift, Adele and more.
Last update on 2019-06-23 at 23:20 - Details